- 4 servings
- - - - MEAT - - SWEET & SOUR SAUCE - -
- 6 Pieces Boneless Pork
- 1 tb Oil
- Sirloins (approx. 1 ½ lb.)
- 1 c Pineapple Juice*
- - - - - BREADING - - - - -
- 3 tb Corn Starch
- 1 c Bisquick
- ½ c Sugar
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 tb Soy Sauce
- ¼ ts Pepper
- 3 tb White Vinegar
- ¼ ts Garlic Powder
- ½ Green Pepper
- Celery Salt (a few shakes)
- 1 Can thin sliced Pineapple
- ½ c Oil -Chunks*
- 20 0z. can of pineapple slices, drain off juice, approx. 1 cup, and cut
- PREPARATION: Preheat oven at 350°
- Meat: Shake breading ingredients together in plastic bag, add meat and shake until coated.
- Heat ½ cup oil in large frying pan to hot and brown meat to golden brown
color, approx. 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Arrange in large baking dish.
Sweet and Sour sauce: Heat 1 tbsp. oil and 1 cup pineapple juice on low in
- Whisk together cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Add to oil/juice slowly, stirring in well with spoon.
- Stir until thickened and smooth.
- Add pepper strips and pineapple chunks. Pour over meat in baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- SERVING: Remove pork sirloins, arrange on platter. Put sweet/sour sauce in
dish to pass.
- Serve over rice or noodles, or just to top meat with. (Bake potatoes or yams with it, if you prefer.)