- 6 servings
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 x Salt & Pepper; To Taste
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese; Shredded
- 1 C 1 c Dairy Sour Cream
- ⅔ c Mayonnaise Or Salad Dressing
- 2 c Bisquick Baking Mix
- ½ c Water 1 x Tomatoes; Thinly Sliced, *
- ¾ c Green Bell Pepper; Chopped
- 1 x Paprika; Optional
- 2 tb Onion; Finely Chopped
- Use 2 or 3 ripe tomatoes or to taste.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook and stir the meat in a large skillet until brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Season the meat with the salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Mix the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and onion
- and set this mixture aside.
- Stir the baking mix and water together until a soft dough forms.
- With floured fingers, pat the dough in a greased baking
- pan, 13 X 9 X 2-inches, pressing the dough ½ inch up the sides of the
- pan. Layer the meat, tomato slices, and green pepper onto the dough. Spoon
- the sour cream mixture over the top and sprinkle with the paprika, if used.
- Bake uncovered until the edges of the dough are light brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and then cut into squares.
Leave a Reply