- 6 servings
- 2 c Buttermilk baking mix
- ¾ ts Cinnamon
- ¼ ts Nutmeg
- 1 c Milk
- 1 cn (16 oz) sliced Cling
- 1 Egg
- Peaches in heavy syrup
- ⅓ c Molasses 1 tb Cornstarch
- ¼ c Packed light brown sugar
- 1 tb Lemon juice
- 1 ts Ginger
- Combine baking mix, milk, egg, molasses, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour ½ cup of batter in preheated waffle iron.
- Texture of finished waffle will be cake-like; it is not intended to be crisp.
- Do not over bake because waffle will burn.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To make Peach Sauce: Drain liquid from peaches into a 4 cup glass measure.
- Stir in cornstarch mixed with lemon juice.
- Heat on medium until mixture thickens.
- Cut peach slices into pieces and add to sauce.
- Serve over waffles.
- Makes about 6 waffles.
Leave a Reply