- 4 servings
- 1 ¼ lb Turkey breast tenderloins
- 2 c Water, divided
- 4 Slices diced bacon
- ¼ ts Rosemary
- 4 Carrots cut in chunks
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Quartered onions (I use 3 tb Flour Diced)
- 1 c Bisquick
- 2 Stalks celery, cut in ⅓ c Milk Chunks
- 4 oz Can chicken broth
- Saute bacon in Dutch oven until partially crisp.
- Cut turkey into 1 inch chunks and add with onion.
- Saute until meat is no longer pink.
- Add carrots, celery, 1 and ¾ cup water, broth, rosemary and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix flour with ¼ c. water and stir into stew mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix Bisquick and milk and drop by rounded tablespoons onto stew.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Contributed to the echo by: BOYD NARON TURKEY STEW WITH DUMPLINGS